Anger is often viewed through a negative lens, but like any other emotion, it’s actually perfectly healthy when properly managed. When your anger makes you feel out of control, causes people to fear you, or leads to violent outbursts, it may be time to find better ways to manage this emotion. At Manatee Associates of Counseling & Assessment, we offer therapy for anger management in Palmetto, FL, which can help you handle our anger in healthy and productive ways.
Who Should Seek Therapy for Anger Management?
If you’re ready to take back your lost sense of control and stop feeling so angry, therapy for anger management can help. Additionally, anger management therapy sessions can be beneficial for:
- Violent offenders and those who are court ordered to receive therapy for anger
- People who are bullying others
- People with trauma brain injuries that cause changes in personality leading to increased levels of anger
- Those who are struggling to recover from traumatic experience or post-traumatic stress disorder, which can lead to irritability and anger
- Those who are in recovery from or who have an active substance use disorder, making it more difficult to manage intense emotions like anger
- People who struggle with anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders that may cause them to lash out
Can Therapy Really Help with Poorly Managed Anger?
Anger is a natural response in many situations. It is a healthy emotion that deserves to be validated and expressed in safe and healthy ways. When anger, like any other difficult emotion, becomes an overwhelming force in your life, it’s time to make a change. During therapy, we can work together to understand the sources of your anger. We will develop effective skills that can be used to help you manage your anger effectively rather than letting your anger mange you! You’ll be given “homework” to practice these new skills in the real world, and during your sessions, we’ll talk about how things went and what areas need further improvement. By the end of our work together, you’ll understand how to recognize your developing anger and redirect the energy to positive tasks.
Let’s Get Started!
We know it can be intimidating to take this next step to schedule an appointment with our team. You may have had negative experiences with therapy in the past, you may be worried about stigma surrounding counseling, or you may just be worried. We get it. The good news is we can help you put some of those worries aside and start feeling like yourself again. When you’re ready, the Manatee Associates of Counseling & Assessment team is here for you.